Well, yes this macaroni and cheese recipe is for a very smooth and with a lot of cheese sauce, which is based on bechamel! The béchamel requires slightly more work (7 minutes for the trained home chef) but this gives the mac and cheese such a different taste and smooth texture...
1 pound macaroni or rotini pasta
4 teaspoons regular butter
4 teaspoons all purpose flour
1 teaspoon dry mustard powder or Dijon (adjust for desired spiciness)
1/2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce (4-5 drops)
2 cups milk
1/4 or 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
2 cloves garlic
3 - 4 cups of cheese, grated as finely as possible (Monterey jack, Orange cheddar, etc...)
Some fine Louisiane hot sauce, for your adult guests!
1. Cook the 2 cups of macaroni in a pot full of water.
2. Use another deep skillet or pot where we will make our white sauce; so we start by melting the butter, under low heat. Careful not to burn the butter...
3. Gradually mix the flour with the butter and once all the flour is in, start pouring the milk over and stir constantly. Sprinkle the powder of onion and press in your garlic.
4. Stirring constantly now under medium heat, wait for your sauce to begin to boil. When it does, lower the heat and reduce until you get the desired thickness.
5. When the macaroni has finished cooking, to put it in a strainer and to drain it from water.
6. Mix in the macaroni with the white sauce; drop in your grated cheese under medium fire until it is all in and melted.
7. Serve immediately!