Macaroni and cheese recipe, now with meat, for a more sustaining and complete dinner. Parents: try this with some hot louisiana sauce... you're in heaven!
* 1 lb. macaroni pasta or rotini
* 1 lb. ground beef meat (or your preferred meat such as veal, etc...)
* 30 ml (2 tablespoons) oil of extra-virgin olive
* 1 onion, diced finely
* 1 small pack white mushrooms, sliced
* 2 garlic cloves, minced
* 2 cans of tomatoes
* 1 tablespoon dried basil spice
* 1 tablespoon dried oregano spice
* 1 tablespoon paprika
* salt and pepper
* 2 cups grated white cheese such as mozzarella or cheddar
Preheat the oven to 375ºF (190ºC)
In a big pot with salted water, cook your macaronis until about half cooked.
In a saucepan, heat up the olive oil and first mix in there the mushrooms.
Cook the mushrooms until they brown nicely, then mix in the diced onion and the minced garlic.
Immediately add the meat and cook everything until the meat is cooked medium well.
Mix in the tomatoes with their liquids, the spices and the paprika, and season to taste.
Drop the macaronis in an oven-going pan. Pour the meat sauce on top.
Mix in about half the grated cheese with the macaronis and meat sauce;
Sprinkle the other half of the cheese on top of the pan's contents;
and cook in the oven for about 30 minutes or up until the cheese on top
has formed a nice golden brown 'au gratin' crust...